Tasks in this phase include:
- Further develop and delineate the water effects to provide some definition of size, quantity and scale for the purpose of sizing the hydraulic support systems.
- Determine the appropriate lighting methods for the water display elements.
- Start to bring definition to the pool, basins and weir profiles in order to access the impact on the surrounding architecture or landscape.
- Preliminary determination of the equipment space required to support the water display and pool volume, as well as its relationship to the pools.
- Lead discussions pertaining to water quality and public health issues related to water features as well as maintenance burdens to be expected.
- Provide discussions on maintenance as the design progresses.
- Discuss the operational constraints with respect to wind and splash and noise.
- Begin discussions with other consultants whose work is affected by the water features, i.e., structural, civil, architectural, landscape, lighting and MEP.
- Further develop cost estimates based on the design.